PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Pop Sophie Ellis-Bextor | Single: Breaking The Circle | Album: Hana [02.06.2023]

Werbung

Seiten : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

gingerale
11-03-2009, 20:17
Bevor Sophie Ellis-Bextor dieses Jahr ein eigenes neues Album veröffentlich, kommen demnächst zwei Singles von DJs/Produzenten raus, welchen sie ihre Stimme leiht.

Der erste Track ist mit dem französichen DJ Junior Caldera, und heisst "Just Can't Fight This Feeling". Der Song wird auf seinem Debut Album erscheinen. Leider wurde bei YT der Song entfernt.

Der zweite Song wird einigen bekannt sein, nämlich "Heartbreak Makes Me A Dancer", wird nun unter dem Namen Freemasons feat. Sophie Ellis-Bextor veröffentlicht. Dazu wird es auch ein Video geben, welches aber anscheinend ohne Sophie sein wird.
Die bereits letztes Jahr geleakte Version, ist nicht die Finale Version, ein Teil des neuen, epischen Club Mixes gibt es hier (http://www.popjustice.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3493&Itemid=279) zu hören.

Zum Glück wird der Song als Single veröffentlicht, er ist einfach zu geil. :anbet:

Dogan
11-03-2009, 21:45
Scheiß doch auf die DJ's, ich will ein neues Sophie Album :zeter:

lale
12-03-2009, 16:06
Kommt nicht in den nächsten Wochen erstmal ein Baby? ;)

Arneb
12-03-2009, 16:42
War doch en Frühgeburt!

gingerale
25-04-2009, 12:05
http://www.popjustice.com/images/stories/s/sophieellisbextorheartbreakvideop.jpg

Bild aus dem bald erscheinenden Video zu "Heartbreak Makes Me A Dancer". :anbet:

Ich hoffe auf einen mal wieder grossen Hit im UK von ihr. :freu:

ProFound
25-04-2009, 12:09
Sophie!!! :anbet: :anbet: :anbet: :wub:
"Trip The Light Fantastic" ist soooo ein tolles Album! :d:

gingerale
25-04-2009, 12:11
Sophie!!! :anbet: :anbet: :anbet: :wub:
"Trip The Light Fantastic" ist soooo ein tolles Album! :d:

Ja, vor allem auch jetzt zwei Jahre später immer noch. :freu:
Ihr bestes Album. "China Heart", "New Flame"...
Gerade habe ich mir "Move This Montain" vom Read My Lips Album angehört, auch ein Hammer Song.

Aber mein Lieblingslied bleibt "Catch You".

ProFound
25-04-2009, 12:25
"Today The Sun's On Us" :wub:
"If You Go" :anbet:

HappA
25-04-2009, 12:50
"What Have We Started" :wub:
"By Chance" (Read My Lips)
"Love Is Here" :love:

Ich liebe ihr "Trip The Light Fantastic"-Album :D

bennybrit
25-04-2009, 13:06
:anbet:sophie ist die queen of disco.

aber die demo version bzw.sophie version war doch klasse.warum verschenkt sie sie den song so:(

aber was meint ihr,ob die beiden songs auch hier erscheinen?schön wäre es jedenfalls.das sind nämlich zwei ultrageile songs:anbet:

Damien
27-04-2009, 15:09
Hatte einen guten Song (Take Me Home) und ein gutes Feature (Manic Street Preachers - Black Holes For The Young). Das theaudience- Album ist übrigens auch ganz nett.

gingerale
27-04-2009, 20:52
aber die demo version bzw.sophie version war doch klasse.warum verschenkt sie sie den song so:(

Ich finde das sehr clever. Freemasons sind im UK eine grosse Nummer, dankt ihrer Songs und Remixes. (z.B "Work" von Kelly Rowland, wurde nur dand ihrem Remix zum Hit).
Sophies Karriere lief zum letzten Album nicht mehr sehr ideal, die ersten beiden Singles erreichten nur knapp die Top 10. Das Album war gut platziert, aber verkaufsschwach.

Nun nutzt sie das Freemasons Featuring um wieder auf sich aufmerksam zu machen, wie damals bei Spiller's "Groovejet".
Und im Laufe des Jahres kommt dann ihr eigenes neues Album.

bennybrit
05-05-2009, 20:39
hier das cover

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_fmlw0np-Oj8/SfWTZEdPyUI/AAAAAAAAAP4/21sIITZrYSs/s1600/6878791.jpg

und tracklist

01. Heartbreak (Make me a dancer) (Radio edit)
02. Heartbreak (Make me a dancer) (Club mix)
03. Heartbreak (Make me a dancer) (The Mac Project remix)
04. Heartbreak (Make me a dancer) (Bitrocka club mix)
05. Heartbreak (Make me a dancer) (Bitrocka Italo mix)
06. Heartbreak (make me a dancer) (Steve Mac dub mix)
PLUS ENHANCED VIDEO!!!

bitte.lass die cd auch bei uns erscheinen:anbet:

Member6582
05-05-2009, 20:40
Das Cover sieht echt toll aus :anbet: und der Titel vom Lied klingt auch schon mal vielvesprechend :d:

gingerale
09-05-2009, 12:43
Video ist da! :freu:

watch?v=L1wnAaIVvcs

Member6582
09-05-2009, 12:48
Das Video ist total fierce :anbet: Besonders das Ende ist so 'Strike a pose' :love: und das Lied gefällt mir auch.

gingerale
09-05-2009, 13:10
Das Video ist total fierce :anbet: Besonders das Ende ist so 'Strike a pose' :love: und das Lied gefällt mir auch.

Alles super! :freu:

ProFound
09-05-2009, 14:12
Geiles Video! Geiler Song! Geile Frau! :love: :wub:
Queen Sophie is back!!!!!!!!!! :anbet: :anbet: :anbet: :freu:

bennybrit
21-06-2009, 17:52
So ich fasse jetzt mal die news der letzten wochen zusammen.

Erstmal zwei performances von "heartbreak make me a dancer"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKevG44R1HU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVBqPWFyC-c

Fanfragen & interview

Katie: How much harder is it having two babies than one?
It's a lot more tiring and I think the whole thing of going from nought babies to one and you think 'oh what did I do with that spare time I had before I had children?' and when you have two you think 'what did I do with that spare five minutes I had before I had two children?' I do want more children though. Three or four I think. Well, I'll have one more and see how I feel.

Sara: Has it been tough leaving the little one this morning?
It wasn't too bad this morning as I knew he was with his daddy. I was annoyed with myself as I wanted to say a big hello to them during my interview on the sofa but it just flew by! Richard did the night feed for me so I managed to get four hours sleep! He usually sleeps for six hours though, which is great for such a tiny baby! And his big brother loves him at the moment. He's a bit besotted. Don't know how long that will last! Once Kit starts moving around he might find him annoying.

Mark: Will it be some time before you tour again?
I want to tour with this album I'm working on at the moment so if everything goes really smoothly, I'll finish the album in the next couple of months and hopefully tour this autumn but I always get in trouble because I say on my fan sites that I'll be touring at so and so stage but things come up and everything takes longer than I think! But my album's three quarters done so the final quarter could be really brilliant and quick. Or I might want to change a few things and keep going.

Ray: Who worked on your album with you?
Loads of folk! Obviously the Freemasons, Calvin Harris, a Leftfield dance act called Matronomy and the guy from the Sneakerpimps. Lots of dance folk actually!

Penny: Were you really into dance music and clubbing when you were younger?
Not really actually. I was more of an indie kid. But I got the taste for it with Grooverider!

Rachel: How was turning 30 last month?
Fine, no trouble! I think I went through that transition at about 27, 28. I don't really think of 30 as being such a big thing. It's more just letting go of the early bit of your 20s. I guess I have two kids as well, so that you get grown-up in terms of responsibility but I had Sonny when I was just 25 and in some ways part of you sticks at that age and you don't lose that immaturity, which isn't a bad thing!

Charlie: Can you describe the sound of your new single? And how has it been collaborating with the Freemasons?
Contemporary disco.
They're very sweet and really funny and quick-witted, which is vital. Writing songs without humour is horrid. Pop music should have a sense of fun. Singing songs is actually a slightly absurd medium, when you think of it. It's ridiculously camp! I find when I'm songwriting it's important to keep things fresh and if you're working with people who are really serious and introspective it can almost suck the air out of the room a little. It doesn't mean you can't write a song that hasn't got meaning or soul to it. It's quite a private thing so it needs that easy atmosphere. I love it!

Stevie: Which is the friendliest city in the world you've performed in?
I have to say London is one of the friendliest places, despite its bad reputation. You get these little pockets in London that are so community-based and people do say hello and are lovely. Copenhagen's really great too and I absolutely love practically anywhere in Italy.

Alice: You look fab in the Rimmel ads! Was it hard following in Kate Moss' shoes?
I didn't really think of it like that – if I'd thought of it that way I'd have gone crazy. She's one of the most iconic faces of our generation. She's still doing Rimmel so I like to think of it as my interpretation.

Harriet: How do i get your look? Your make up's amazing!
I've worked with the same hair and make-up people for nine years and I've had a lot fun. I don't really like to repeat things and I love bright colours and to try stuff out. I like to change my lipstick and eye shadow colour as much as possible. Although I've got a couple of things I like to keep, such as my 1950s eyeliner tick.

Now Sophie. You’re back on popstar duties now.
I know.

You don’t sound very happy about that.
I quite like juggling it all. It’s alright.

That’s the spirit. It seems people are quite interested in your new single this time, though. Less of a struggle, perhaps, than usual…
Yeah everything seems to be going alright. It’s strange for me because whilst I am still working, it’s not really where my head is at. I’m still in a slightly hormonal bubble with the baby. It all seems to be looking after itself very nicely, actually…

Good. After this many years ‘on the job’…
(Sound of Sophie guffawing)

Oh dear, is that the right phrase? That might be a very wrong phrase actually. Now thoughts are drifting to the phrase ‘on the game’ but that’s wrong as well. Let’s start that again. After this many years ‘in the game’, can you tell when you’re about to have a hit record and, by the same token, when you’re not?
You can definitely tell when things aren’t going to plan and I’ve had a couple of those experiences but that’s alright as hardly anyone has an unblemished record. So it’s okay. But I think we’ve deserved a bit of a break this time and it seems to be going alright.

There seems to be a certain amount of natural enthusiasm for the single this time round… In a way that perhaps there wasn’t the last time you were on ‘the comeback trail’.
Firstly I don’t ever see myself as a comeback kind of person – it’s just that I have a life where sometimes I’m doing one thing, and sometimes I’m doing another. Even when I did my third album it wasn’t like ‘the comeback’ kind of thing. Fashions have changed loads – there was a time when there were lots of bands and boys with guitars and I’m just proud that I’ve weathered that really. It hasn’t always been easy putting out the records that I like to put out but I just stuck to my guns and now hopefully I can enjoy coming back into vogue again.

This does seems to be the year where a lot of female solo artists are making quite diverse music, but music that’s similar at least in the sense that it doesn’t sound like it’s been recorded by four blokes called something like ‘The View’.
Completely. And it seems like the dance thing has come back a lot with people like Lady Gaga and La Roux - eighties influenced electro and dance. I think it’s all good really. The wheel is turning again.

This may be tempting fate in a quite horrible way but one can’t help but feel that if you can’t make it in this climate, Sophie, you might as well pack up and go home.
(Laughter) I don’t want to do a Lisa Scott-Lee ‘if it’s not top ten I’ll quit’ speech but I think you’re right - if my next album doesn’t do well in this climate then I am a bit buggered really. Having said that, you should always feel that there’s a lot of good stuff out there and that you need to keep raising the bar. You should never feel you are entitled to be successful.

It must be tempting for you to knock it all on the head, as there are other things you are good at and that people could like you for...Are there?
I’m not so sure actually. (Laughter) I think my bow’s only got one or two strings to it really.

What strings have we got? First off: warbling.
(Laughter) Yes, warbling. And the other one… (Pauses for thought) Well, wearing make-up I think, probably.

So basically modelling, singing or maybe being on Loose Women.
Eurgh! Oh God. (High pitched squeal) Haven’t I got to wait another couple of decades before I’m that annoyed with the world?

You see what they’ve got to do is like a junior version of it. ‘Loose Girls’. But then I think we’re back to you being accused of being ‘on the game’ again. And now the interview’s all gone wrong.
Hm…

So it’s good that the new single is gearing up to sort of ‘do a ‘Groovejet’’, crow-barring you into the public consciousness before you go ‘actually while I’m here, I happen to have an album up my sleeve’. Very crafty. Some would say devious Sophie.
Devious? Don’t credit with me so much! I’ve got to finish the album first!

How close are you to finishing?
I’m about three quarters done, I’ve got a little bit more work to do.

What’s the big idea for the album?
I haven’t got a title or anything like that. It’s more genre-specific than the other albums - it’s more of a dance-pop and electro album than the other ones. With songs like ‘Heartbreak’ and ‘Off & On’, which Calvin did, they kind of set a bit of scene for the album and from that point I worked with Joe from Metronomy and the other songs needed to follow suit. I’ve also been working with Ed Harcourt, who’s an amazing songwriter, and Alison Clarkson, who’s so lovely…

You’ve said that this album doesn’t have the indie sound which you may have explored in the past, but by working with people like Ed Harcourt who are writing for it if not producing, then it seems that kind of influence is still in it somewhere. Indie-influenced dancefloor pop.
Exactly, yes. Plus artists like that quite like working on stuff takes them out of the genre that they do. So they bring those sensibilities to it but kind of take it off on a different tangent. I think that’s quite healthy and that’s kind of what happened when I did ‘Groovejet’, actually, as I’d never done anything like that before.

Lyrically, is there a theme that pulls everything on the album together? Or is it just a load of ‘woo I’m a carefree teenager going out dancing all the time’?
(Laughter) I’ve just turned thirty, I can’t sing about that any more!

Well that’s the problem, isn’t it – dancefloor pop tends, quite often, to resort of songs about actually being on dancefloors, and it isn’t always very convincing.
Let me think. (Thinks) I suppose they’re quite assertive, ‘you can’t mess with me’ sort of songs. Or sexy dance tracks, I guess. But sometimes I don’t notice any lyrical themes until I step back from it.

Are there any personal songs on the album to go along with the ‘I’m going out to have a sexy dance’ kind of stuff?
I haven’t written any songs about having babies, if that’s what you mean.

Well it doesn’t have to be a total ‘Ray Of Light’ kind of moment, but it’s just that on the last album, tracks like ‘The Distance Between Us’ did seem quite personal and were properly brilliant. And it comes back to this misconception that if you make a dance record the lyrics just have to be about going out and dancing.
Oh no that’s boring. Really boring. One of the really dancey songs is all about a stalker I had. He sends me texts now and then, sometimes late at night. They put the whole lyrics to one of my songs in a text which was pretty unnerving and quite annoying as well. So there’s a song about that.

How bad would a text message from your stalker need to be before you changed your number?
I think if they knew where I lived and started making comments like “I saw you leave you’re house at 9:59”. That would unnerve me. I do also get phone calls with a load of drunk people laughing in the background and then they hang up. That’s pretty annoying as well.

That’s the price you have to pay for being an international warbling celebrity Sophie.
(Laughter) It is a very small price to pay. I don’t feel too encumbered.

The plan moving forward now, then: the single’s out shortly. Then another single in the autumn perhaps? And then a nice album?
That is the plan. Another single and then the album. I just hope I’ve got enough time to do it. I was supposed to have finished the album in February but then I had my baby. But I’m a hard worker and I’ll get on with it. Well, I’m not a really hard worker. I’m a moderate worker.

What new music would you like to recommend to Popjustice readers?
Erm, well apart from the people I’ve been working with...? Er… (Pause) I’ll go home and think, ‘why didn’t I say that, that and that?’. The last album I remember really getting into is Vampire Weekend but that’s really old now. I genuinely have been listening to the people I’ve been working with but I can’t say that. I’m really failing here.

You are failing the most basic pop test.
My mind has gone blank. I can’t think of a single thing.

Moving on from this slightly awkward flailing around in search of recommendations, have you been keeping an eye on the chart development of La Roux?
Yes, partly because she had that song that did well and it wasn’t on Radio 1. Is that right?

Yes.
And then they had to play it.

Yes.
Good for her.

She seems a bit similar to you in a couple of respects, firstly in that she has a slightly eccentric voice that seems to divide people, but secondly in that you both have a kind of authentic spirit which you’re using to make pop music.
It’s hard for me to be objective, I suppose, but I like that song and I’m glad she’s around.

It’s hard to get a feel of where you fit in with the charts, and with your fans – you seem to fit in with the older, more old fashioned idea of pop music but you also have a foot in the newer parts of it...
I’ve never been someone who’s good at knowing their public perception and that in some ways is why I’ve steered clear of some of those celebrity reality shows. I also don’t really like the idea of entering into a popularity contest and I quite like the ignorance of not really knowing, and just getting on with making music that I think is good quality. I care about pop music enough that I just want to make quality stuff that earns its right to be part of what’s going on. Ultimately, you can’t be too proud about it. You put the music out there and whatever will be will be. If it all goes really badly then it’s probably because it wasn’t very good.

Do you really think that? That’s a very strange attitude for a musician to have – the idea that if something didn’t do well it was because it wasn’t any good. Usually it’s ‘the public didn’t understand me’ or ‘it was the label’s fault’ or something.
I’ll just continue to put out stuff that I think is genuinely worthy of being released. That’s the way you have to think. For example we’ve just sold our house and we had all these offers coming in that were much lower than the asking price because of the state of the market at the moment. So we ended up selling at a price which was probably not as good as we thought we would get. But that was obviously just what it was worth at that moment and you have to let go of all those things like ‘what could have been or should been’. It’s a bit like that with music as well in so far as you put out your music and it’s got its own destiny. Of course there are other factors as well and I do believe the good will out so if things are good enough they will find their way. I just want to put out stuff that I think is worthwhile. Remember when Oasis put out an album and someone asked Noel, ‘what’s it like?’ and he replied ‘oh, it’s the same old shit as the last one’. Well that obviously means that they don’t have a very high opinion of the people buying their music. And I don’t really like that attitude.

You were talking about the idea of people passing judgment on you. Have you ever seen any market research into what people think of Sophie Ellis-Bextor?
Funny you should say that - I once had a meeting with someone who does that kind of thing and she said ‘we could do all this for you’, just before the third album. She wanted some stupid sum for it and I just thought, I don’t really want to know. Maybe it would be beneficial but I’m hoping that the people who I’ve leant on for years, the people around me who have supported me like my manager, family and friends, I’m hoping they’ll help me out with that kind of stuff. I sometimes think too much self-awareness is not very healthy.

You can imagine Johnny Borrell, for example, sitting down for hours with all the graphs and pie charts relating to what people think of him…
I just don’t think it would suit my mindset. I’m not one of those people who would really benefit. Maybe I would look at it in ten years’ time and kick myself thinking ‘oh, if I’d known that!’ But no, I really hope that the people I go to for advice give me what I need rather than a big pile of market research where I can go “God that’s really startling! I never realized they loved that about me so much!” (Laughter)

Neue Bilder:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fmlw0np-Oj8/SjZ67MCJAnI/AAAAAAAAAXI/bUJmwFTdWcM/s400/SophieEllisBexter_l.jpg http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fmlw0np-Oj8/Sje0IQSztOI/AAAAAAAAAXY/vsdq4N8wTa4/s400/sophie2009square.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fmlw0np-Oj8/SjRfdmPYxCI/AAAAAAAAAWA/MyJDz-ZVTyQ/s1600/sophie_ellis_03_44499a.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fmlw0np-Oj8/SjRgGeB5J0I/AAAAAAAAAWQ/kL0yOlM1RAA/s1600/sophie_ellis_01_44503a.jpghttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/_fmlw0np-Oj8/SjRgbuKWOYI/AAAAAAAAAWY/288c_Lj4SM0/s1600/sophie_ellis_02_44497a.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fmlw0np-Oj8/SjRg-KdGG1I/AAAAAAAAAWg/ozh_mNKQDo4/s1600/sophie_45334a.jpg

Bis jetzt die Songs:

Dial My Number Two
(Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Liam Howe, Hannah Robinson)
(Title Code: 343177173)

Give Into Love
(Title Code: 371786837)

In My Taxi (Supersexy)
(Jim Elliott, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Gabriel, Hannah Robinson)
(Title Code: 393530517)

Under Your Touch
(Title Code: 510685459)

Whispers (On The Street)
(Jim Elliott, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Gabriel, Hannah Robinson)
(Title Code: 532935218)

Sophie also confirmed that she is working with the Freemasons on another track for the album.

So now we have these:
1. Sophia Loren - with Christopher Rojas
2. I Still Believe In Magic - with Richard X
3. Off & On - with Calvin Harris
4. Calling It Love - with Calvin Harris
5. Synchronized
6. Music Took My Man
7. Still Mixed Up
8. Heartbreak Make Me A Dancer - with the Freemasons
9. the other freemasons collab
10. the groove armada collab
11. the sneaker pimps collab
12. the metronomy collab

Klingen sehr interessant.

Member6582
21-06-2009, 17:59
Oh der Track wurde ja endlich auf iTunes released :anbet::love:

gingerale
21-06-2009, 19:19
Oh der Track wurde ja endlich auf iTunes released :anbet::love:

Yeah, gleich runterladen. :freu:
Ich habe heute auch entdeckt, dass Annie "Anthonio" und Anthonio "Annie" auch im iTunes zum runterladen ist. :love:

Member6582
21-06-2009, 19:23
Yeah, gleich runterladen. :freu:
Ich habe heute auch entdeckt, dass Annie "Anthonio" und Anthonio "Annie" auch im iTunes zum runterladen ist. :love:

OMG, ich habe jetzt beides probe gehört und :wub: Klingt echt toll.

Dolce
05-07-2009, 00:08
Freemasons feat. Sophie Ellis Bextor - Heartbreak make me a dancer

ist richtig klasse :) das ist mit Abstand ihr bester Song!

http://www.plong.com/MusicCatalog%5CF%5CFreemasons%20feat.%20Sophie%20Ellis%20Bextor%2 0-%20Heartbreak%20(Make%20Me%20A%20Dancer)%20(CD5)%5CFreemasons%20f eat.%20Sophie%20Ellis%20Bextor%20-%20Heartbreak%20(Make%20Me%20A%20Dancer)%20(CD5).jpg

gingerale
05-07-2009, 00:11

ist richtig klasse :) das ist mit Abstand ihr bester Song!

http://www.plong.com/MusicCatalog%5CF%5CFreemasons%20feat.%20Sophie%20Ellis%20Bextor%2 0-%20Heartbreak%20(Make%20Me%20A%20Dancer)%20(CD5)%5CFreemasons%20f eat.%20Sophie%20Ellis%20Bextor%20-%20Heartbreak%20(Make%20Me%20A%20Dancer)%20(CD5).jpg

Fanmade. :p

http://labulledejul.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/freemasons-feat-sophie-ellis-bextor-heartbreak-make-me-a-dancer.jpg

Dolce
05-07-2009, 00:18
ich finde das Coverbild aber besser :) Habs auch so im ipod drine :D

Miami Twice
05-07-2009, 11:44

ist richtig klasse :) das ist mit Abstand ihr bester Song! Vorhin das erste Mal gehört - genialer Song... :anbet:

mr.2000
13-07-2009, 12:19
Habe Heartbreak eben zum ersten mal gehört :anbet: Total geil :clap:

bennybrit
15-07-2009, 10:05
NEUER SONG!!!!

take me with you (http://www.myspace.com/johnnydouglasmuzik)

Einfach geil:freu::anbet:

gingerale
05-08-2009, 22:49
Album auf 2010 verschoben. Fans not amused.

Miami Twice
06-08-2009, 07:02
Album auf 2010 verschoben. Fans not amused. :( Schade...

bennybrit
31-12-2009, 11:40
Es geht los!

New Tweets

so looking forward to filming video in january for new single... woo!

filming the video in moscow a good idea. n'night pop tarts. x

All these tweets suggest that the new album is finished and the new single is ready. Any further delays can be blamed on the record company, lol. Crossing my fingers and hoping for a monster of a song! Sophie is performing in Moscow tonight. Not sure if it is going to be televised, but if you're reading this and you're going to attend the show, then please carry a camera with you. And give us a review.
*fingers crossed she performs the new single tonight*

the new single is supposed to be MASSIVE

Fascination's recent tweet:
"Playing friends highlights from the forthcoming Sophie Ellis-Bextor album! The new single is MASSIVE! Wooo-hooo!!"

An inside source's comment:
"Her new songs are better than anything she has done till date. This album deserves to be a hit"

A PopJustice poster's comment:
"I've only heard the supposed first Sophie single ONCE a month ago and I can say it's not only massive, but I can still sing the chorus in my head after that. I consider that such a rare thing. It deserves to be everywhere."

song titles confirmed

1. Lose Myself

2. My Priority

3. Sorry Now

4. Wicked Game

5. Only For This Moment

new song title
Love Deluxe
Cut Through The Heart
Sleepwalking
Don´t let me go

Alle Songs

Love Deluxe (Ellis-Bextor/Harry James/Wilcox Simon)
For Love (Douglas John Henry/Ellis-Bextor/Poole Karen Ann)
Not Giving Up On Love (Buuren Armin/Ellis-Bextor/Nervo Miriam/Nervo Olivia Margaret)
Calling It Love (Cathy Dennis/Sophie Ellis-Bextor/Richard Wiles)
Dial My Number (Hang Up) (Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Liam Howe, Hannah Robinson)
Give Into Love (Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Liam Howe, Hannah Robinson)
Magic (Richard X/Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
Lose Myself (Christopher Rojas/Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
My Priority (Lamont Dazier/Sophie Ellis-Bextor/John Stack Graham/Daniel Woodcock)
Off And On (Cathy Dennis/Roisin Murphy/Calvin Harris)
Only For This Moment (Alexander Perls/Cohen Wayne/Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
Sophia Loren (Christopher Rojas/Cathy Dennis/Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
Sorry Now (Christopher Mohr/Cohen Wayne/Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
Starlight (Richard X/Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
Supersexy (Jim Elliott/ Sophie Ellis-Bextor/Gabriel/Hannah Robinson)
Synchronized (Ina Wroldsen/Sophie Ellis-Bextor/Fred Ball)
Make A Scene (Metronomy/Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
Under Your Touch (Sophie Ellis-Bextor/Liam Howe/Hannah Robinson)
Whispers On The Street (Jim Elliott/Sophie Ellis-Bextor/Gabriel/Hannah Robinson)
Wicked Game (David Lipsey/Jeremy Shaw/Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
Immune To Love (Sophie Ellis-Bextor/Hannah Robinson/Richard X)
We Got A Chance (Ellis-Bextor/Nervo Miriam/Nervo Olivia/Rowbottom Matthew Paul)
Heartbreak Make Me A Dancer (Ellis-Bextor/Freemasons)

Let the hype begin

gingerale
31-12-2009, 11:44
OMG, ich habe schon gar nicht mehr daran geglaubt!
Das klingt alles fantastisch, 2010 kann kommen. :freu:

Dez O'Herlihy
31-12-2009, 14:15
Wie geil, ein Song von Alexander Perls! Das Circ-Album finde ich immer noch soooo toll. :freu:

Von dieser Liste bekommen die Engländer aber wahrscheinlich vierzehn Songs und wir traditionell wieder nur 10-12. :(

gingerale
31-12-2009, 16:38
Von dieser Liste bekommen die Engländer aber wahrscheinlich vierzehn Songs und wir traditionell wieder nur 10-12. :(

Wenn das Album bei uns überhaupt erscheint. :helga:

bennybrit
24-02-2010, 14:55
ohmygodfuckingamazinfantasticohmygosh
:anbet::anbet::anbet::anbet::anbet::anbet::anbet::anbet::anbet:

watch?v=v2RFmfIUQkY

Bittersweet live mix

And a couple of hours ago, Digital Spy posted an inerview with Sophie on their website:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a204793/ellis-bextor-reveals-new-album-title.html
Thank you DS for asking the right questions, something that the official website should have done. Anyway.

Highlights of the interview:
1. The video will be shot next week, in London with Chris Sweeny is the producer again. Sophie has the concept of the video, but she won't disclose anything right away.
2. Sophie's quote on Bittersweet - "It's another song I did with the Freemasons. It's very pop-dance. I think the chorus sounds a little bit like it's from a musical - it's quite sort of dramatic and melodic, and a bit meandering in a good way."
3. The strategy might be 2 singles and the album sometime in Autumn. The album is called Make A Scene - being comfortable with your own skin. There may be 12 tracks, sequencing yet to be done.
4. Confirmed producers so far - Metronomy, Armin Van Buuren, Sneaker Pimps, Richard X, Calvin Harris and Freemasons confirmed till now.

Richard X - Starlight
Metronomy - Scene
Freemasons - Bittersweet and Heartbreak (Make Me A Dancer)
Calvin Harris - Off & On (I'm not too sure if Calling It Love will be on the album)
Sneaker Pimps - Dial My Number (it has to be this, the Stalker song)
Armin Van Buuren - Not Giving Up On Love

Yay! JP (from the official forum) is back, and he posted this:
"The new album is going to be HUGE!!! There are so many strong tracks it is untrue!! Bittersweet is a surefire disco stomper....it will be massive! 'Revolution' has to be a single, I cannot write in words how much I love this track!! 2010 is going to be a big one!! JPx"
Revoltion was a title that Dave H (from the official forum, again) had mentioned a couple of months ago.
I just love how everyone says "Bittersweet will be massive". I just can't stop listening to the live recording on youtube. *fingers crossed that the rest of the album is as good as that*

Ich will das Album:freu:

gingerale
24-02-2010, 15:29
ohmygodfuckingamazinfantasticohmygosh

watch?v=v2RFmfIUQkY

Bittersweet live mix

Oh mein Gott, ich kriege grad Gänsehaut. :freu:

Ich freu mich total auf das Album, Sophie hat neulich getwittert, dass es endlich einen Namen hat, aber noch nichts verraten.

bennybrit
09-03-2010, 14:46
YOUR LOVE IS BITTERSWEET :freu:

KLICK (http://www.popjustice.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4509&Itemid=279)

Will den ganzen Song!

& hier der Remix.

klick (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u973qJgNE5k)

gingerale
09-03-2010, 15:04
YOUR LOVE IS BITTERSWEET :freu:

KLICK (http://www.popjustice.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4509&Itemid=279)

Will den ganzen Song!

& hier der Remix.

Ich finds einfach WOW! :love:
Eine Hymne. :love:
Original wie Remix. :anbet:

Mittlerweile ist ihr Album jenes Album worauf ich mich zur Zeit am meisten freue. :freu: :freu: :freu:

bennybrit
11-03-2010, 18:17
Hier (http://labextor.blogspot.com/) gibt den ganzen Remix zu hören in guter Quali
Ein bisschen runterscrollen!

gingerale
11-03-2010, 18:30
Morgen dreht sie das "Bittersweet" Video, nachdem sie diese Woche bereits "Just Can't Fight This Feeling" mit Junior Caldera in Paris gedreht hat.

Das Album hatte mittlerweile einen Namen "Make A Scene", wurde aber wieder verworfen.

bennybrit
11-03-2010, 18:43
Morgen dreht sie das "Bittersweet" Video, nachdem sie diese Woche bereits "Just Can't Fight This Feeling" mit Junior Caldera in Paris gedreht hat.

Das Album hatte mittlerweile einen Namen "Make A Scene", wurde aber wieder verworfen.

Ja,sie will ihn ändern,obwohl ich ihn eigentlich ganz toll finde.
"Electric Lights" würde ich aber ganz toll finden.

Ich hoffe das Just cant fight this feeling & bittersweet auch hier rauskommen werden.

hi-cko
11-03-2010, 20:17
Der Freemasons Mix von "Bittersweet" ist genial. Hab das Original noch nicht gehört.

Miami Twice
12-03-2010, 09:35
Der Freemasons Mix von "Bittersweet" ist genial. Hab das Original noch nicht gehört.
Ich kenne bisher auch nur den "Freemasons Mix" der gefällt mir aber eh immer besser als das Original...

bennybrit
19-03-2010, 14:13
:clap::anbet::freu::wub::love:

/watch?v=-WvGElFmZYI

gingerale
21-03-2010, 09:51
Das Album wird nun "Straight To The Heart" heissen. :suspekt:
"Make A Scene" fand ich besser. :heul:

bennybrit
23-03-2010, 17:57
Das Video :anbet:

http://www.popjustice.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4558&Itemid=206

funkfried
23-03-2010, 18:21
Ich liebe liebe liebe es!
:anbet::anbet::anbet::anbet::anbet::anbet:

gingerale
26-03-2010, 11:42
Ich finde das Video sehr schön, aber nicht wirklich aufgregend. Viel zu nahe an "Heartbreak (Makes Me A Dancer" orientiert. :helga:

Beim Song bin ich mir einfach nicht sicher, ob es für eine gute Platzierung reichen wird. Der Club Mix macht einfach mehr her, als der Radio Mix. :crap:

Tamiilpriincezz
30-03-2010, 14:33
/watch?v=IoHWr7wP0cc&feature=player_embedded#

:wub:

Carsten
03-04-2010, 23:43
Ich muss kurz mal anmerken, wie geil "Bittersweet" doch ist :anbet:

Habe mich heute in den Song verliebt :wub:

funkfried
12-04-2010, 16:39
http://www.popjustice.com/images/stories/j/sophiebittersweetartwork.jpg

steps
12-04-2010, 17:22
Der Song ist wirklich geil. Leider spielen ihn die grössten Radiostationen im UK nicht, aber ich wünsche mir, dass er trotzdem gut chartet. :bitte:

funkfried
12-04-2010, 17:37
Der Song ist wirklich geil. Leider spielen ihn die grössten Radiostationen im UK nicht, aber ich wünsche mir, dass er trotzdem gut chartet. :bitte:

WARUM spielen die den Song nicht? ... Idioten :zahn:

Carsten
12-04-2010, 17:41
Wird "Bittersweet" in Deutschland eigentlich auch veröffentlicht?

funkfried
12-04-2010, 17:44
Wird "Bittersweet" in Deutschland eigentlich auch veröffentlicht?

Wikipedia sagt, in Europa am 3.Mai, zwar nur als Download, aber so weit ich weiß gehört Deutschland zu Europa :zahn:

funkfried
25-04-2010, 11:35
Offizielle Trackliste ist raus:

01. Heartbreak (Make Me A Dancer)
02. Bittersweet
03. Off & On
04. Revolution
05. Starlight
06. Magic
07. Synchronised
08. Cut Through The Heart
09. Dial My Number
10. Homewrecker
11. Under Your Touch
12. Scene

VÖ: 02. August 2010 :wub:

PS: Sollte man nicht mal den Titel des Threads ändern?

gingerale
25-04-2010, 11:44
Offizielle Trackliste ist raus:

01. Heartbreak (Make Me A Dancer)
02. Bittersweet
03. Off & On
04. Revolution
05. Starlight
06. Magic
07. Synchronised
08. Cut Through The Heart
09. Dial My Number
10. Homewrecker
11. Under Your Touch
12. Scene

VÖ: 02. August 2010 :wub:

"Heartbreak" als Track 1? :suspekt:
"Off & On" Track 3? :suspekt:

Ist die Tracklist echt? :zahn:

Edit: Kann nicht echt sein, der Armin van Buuren Track "Not Giving Up On Love" ist auf dem Album, hat Sophie getwittert, erscheint aber nicht in dieser Trackliste.

funkfried
25-04-2010, 11:48
Schaust du hier, bist du schlauer: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a215891/ellis-bextor-reveals-album-tracklisting.html

"Not Giving Up On Love" ist ein UK-Bonus-Track.

gingerale
25-04-2010, 12:58
Schaust du hier, bist du schlauer: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a215891/ellis-bextor-reveals-album-tracklisting.html

"Not Giving Up On Love" ist ein UK-Bonus-Track.

Ja ich habe noch andere Beweise gefunden. Hätte nicht gedacht, dass man gerade die alten Songs so prominent in der Trackliste platziert.
Bin gespannt, ob das Album bei uns überhaupt offiziell erscheint, werde mir dank des Extra Songs, wohl sowieso die UK Edition kaufen.

"Bittersweet" habe ich mir als Single vorbestellt, die erste physische Single seit etwa 3 Jahren. :zahn:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_fmlw0np-Oj8/S9I8zBSbuuI/AAAAAAAAAyk/a0Evh7t9UC8/s1600/cos-sophie-ellis-bextor-image-5-788314190.jpg

:freu:

funkfried
30-04-2010, 16:45
http://www.gm.tv/videos/?vxClipId=1441_gmtv_8962

Petersen
01-05-2010, 05:49
ich verstehe einfach nicht, weswegen sich deutsche pop-sänger(innen) für dance-produktionen nicht mal gen england orientieren, anstatt immer die strunzbilligen deutschen oder skandinavischen 08/15-popsongs zu präsentieren.

kann mir doch keiner erzählen, dass ein freemasons-song teurer ist als drei troelsens, brötzmanns, jiants or bobäcks. ein track wie "bittersweet" wäre eine sichere top-3-platzierung in für connor oder biedermann, wenn nicht mehr. deutschland liebt seit jeher diese art von dance-pop.

Tante Gingers
01-05-2010, 07:53
:confused:

Jiant sind doch Engländer :nixweiss:

funkfried
03-05-2010, 18:11
/watch?v=r57iBGsQ7FY

B-Seite zu "Bittersweet", "Sophia Loren". Ich find' den Song gut, aber lang nicht so gut wie "Bittersweet". :zahn:

Sophie hat getwittert, dass die nächste Single im Juli, das Album im August erscheinen wird. :clap:

gingerale
03-05-2010, 19:27
iTunes UK nur #57 :crap:

Flop. Und dann erscheint auch noch "Off & On" als zweite Single, welches vor 2 Jahren geleakt ist. :ko:

steps
03-05-2010, 19:31
Ich hoffe, dass es "Bittersweet" noch irgendwie in die UK Top 40 schafft. Dann würde er zumindest mal auf Radio 1 laufen.

gingerale
03-05-2010, 21:13
Ich hoffe, dass es "Bittersweet" noch irgendwie in die UK Top 40 schafft. Dann würde er zumindest mal auf Radio 1 laufen.

Radio 1 ignoriert Sophie ja leider total, obwohl die sonst auch jeden Pop Song spielen. :kater:

gingerale
05-05-2010, 10:52
#29 in den Midweeks, doch besser als erwartet.
Sicher nicht optimal, aber bei iTunes steigt sie stetig auf. :freu:

funkfried
20-05-2010, 15:15
# 25 in UK. Könnte besser, ist aber auch OK. :D

gingerale
20-05-2010, 15:40
# 25 in UK. Könnte besser, ist aber auch OK. :D

Allerdings in der zweiten Woche out of Top 40. :crap:
Ich finde es schade, aber ohne grosse Promo im Radio kein Wunder.
Man hätte sowieso die viel stärkere Freemasons Version als Radio/Video Edit verwenden sollen. :ja:

Hauptsache das Album wird veröffentlicht.

funkfried
07-06-2010, 16:46
"Off & On" wurde gecancelt, neue Single wird "Not Giving Up On Love", mit irgendeinem Armin Van Buuren.

P.S: Sollte man nicht mal langsam den Titel des Threads umbenennen?

Carsten
07-06-2010, 17:02

Gib einem Mod bescheid :freu:

gingerale
07-06-2010, 17:05
"Off & On" wurde gecancelt, neue Single wird "Not Giving Up On Love", mit irgendeinem Armin Van Buuren.

Ich WUSSTE, dass sie den Armin Van Burren Track nehmen werden. Noch ein Elektro Pop Track wäre echt schwachsinnig gewesen, vor allem da er vor 2 Jahren geleakt ist. :rotfl:

Wenn das Album wirklich erscheint, kann man den Thread umbenennen. :heul:

Member6582
07-06-2010, 17:29
Sophie ist wirklich der größte Flop ever. :zahn:

Trotzdem werde ich China Heart auf ewig vergöttern. :wub:

steps
07-06-2010, 17:40
"Off & On" wurde gecancelt, neue Single wird "Not Giving Up On Love", mit irgendeinem Armin Van Buuren. :suspekt:

Armin van Buuren ist nicht irgendwer :tsts:

gingerale
07-06-2010, 18:19
Sophie ist wirklich der größte Flop ever. :zahn:

Liz McClarnon, Lee Ryan, Craig David, Mel B., OneTrueVoice :helga:

sag wenn ich aufhören soll. :zahn:

Armin van Buuren ist nicht irgendwer :tsts:

Ich erwarte Grosses ehrlich gesagt. :freu:

Member6582
07-06-2010, 18:20
Ich kündige dir gleich meine BJ Dienste, wenn du schlecht über Lizzie redest! :sumo:

gingerale
07-06-2010, 18:31
Ich kündige dir gleich meine BJ Dienste, wenn du schlecht über Lizzie redest! :sumo:

Lizzie dissen mag ich am Liebsten. :helga:
Weil 89% der User nichtmal wissen, wer Liz überhaupt ist. :zahn:

Member6582
07-06-2010, 18:35
Die sind auch Pop-Stümper und wissen Pop Royality nicht zu schätzen. :sumo:

funkfried
12-07-2010, 13:39
Sophie hat die neue Single "Not Giving Up" in irgendeiner Radioshow erstmal vorgestellt - als Akustikversion.

"Not Giving Up": /watch?v=STq8VBwFvGg :wub:

funkfried
24-07-2010, 22:05
Kann es sein, dass "Straight To The Heart" definitv NICHT am 2. August erscheint? Es ist ja noch nicht mal bei Amazon.Uk gelistet und es ist nur noch eine knappe Woche bis VÖ.

gingerale
24-07-2010, 22:21
Kann es sein, dass "Straight To The Heart" definitv NICHT am 2. August erscheint? Es ist ja noch nicht mal bei Amazon.Uk gelistet und es ist nur noch eine knappe Woche bis VÖ.

Natürlich erscheint es nicht, wurde auf den Herbst verschoben, in der Hoffnung, dass "No Giving Up" besser ankommt. :(

Hoffe das Album erscheint überhaupt noch, es wäre echt sehr sehr schade.

funkfried
10-08-2010, 19:48
Das Video zu "Not Giving Up" ist fertig und wurde auf Ibiza gedreht.

Außerdem ist im Internet eine Preview zur Single aufgetaucht und das Lied wird MASSIVE!

/watch?v=gRkLcYxO_D4 :anbet: :wub:

ProFound
10-08-2010, 20:02
Das Video zu "Not Giving Up" ist fertig und wurde auf Ibiza gedreht.

Außerdem ist im Internet eine Preview zur Single aufgetaucht und das Lied wird MASSIVE!

/watch?v=gRkLcYxO_D4 :anbet: :wub:

Das klingt wirklich verdammt geil! :anbet: :wub:

funkfried
10-08-2010, 20:03
Das klingt wirklich verdammt geil! :anbet: :wub:

Der Song wir ein Hit, und wenn nicht, ist er trotzdem geil!

Dogan
10-08-2010, 20:08
Die Single 'bitterweet' gefällt mir leider überhaupt nicht. :crap:

funkfried
10-08-2010, 20:09
Die Single 'bitterweet' gefällt mir leider überhaupt nicht. :crap:

Ach die hat doch schon jeder vergessen :D Jetzt ist "Not Giving Up" am Zug! Und der Song wird 100%ig erfolgreicher als "Bittersweet".

funkfried
11-08-2010, 22:00
http://audiosamples.armadamusic.nl/static/upload/release/2462/armin-van-buuren-and-sophie-ellis-bextor-not-giving-up-on-love-326x326.jpg

Artwork zu "Not Giving Up". :anbet:

Hier kann man das Lied inklusiver einiger Remixe vorhören: http://www.armadamusic.com/music/?release=ARDI1747

Die komplette Version gibt's jetzt auch auf YouTube: /watch?v=z1SGlTGTSk4

funkfried
11-08-2010, 22:11
"Not Giving Up" wird in Deutschland am 27.August veröffentlicht!?

http://www.amazon.de/Giving-Armin-Ft-Ellis-Bextor-Sophie-Buuren/dp/B003Y5QFJS/

funkfried
12-08-2010, 12:16
Opening Shot vom neuen Video:

http://c0013454.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/x2_247963b

bennybrit
12-08-2010, 13:10
Ich hoffe, dass sie dann auch Promo macht.

Das Bild:wub:.

funkfried
12-08-2010, 13:14
Ich hoffe, dass sie dann auch Promo macht.

Das Bild:wub:.

Ja, das sollte sie wirklich machen, denn das Lied hat viel Potential. :d: Und dann soll sie endlich mal das Album raushaun. :sumo:

gingerale
14-08-2010, 17:03
Sie macht eine Solo Tour. :o

Sun 12/12/10 Sophie Ellis-Bextor Brighton Concorde 2 Brighton
Mon 13/12/10 Sophie Ellis-Bextor O2 Academy Islington London
Thu 16/12/10 Sophie Ellis-Bextor Bournemouth Firestation Bournemouth
Fri 17/12/10 Sophie Ellis-Bextor Manchester Academy 2 Manchester
Sat 18/12/10 Sophie Ellis-Bextor O2 Academy 2 Birmingham Birmingham
Sun 19/12/10 Sophie Ellis-Bextor O2 Academy 2 Oxford Oxford

Frag mich nur zu welchem Album :zahn: :helga:

bennybrit
14-08-2010, 17:13
Sie macht eine Solo Tour. :o

Frag mich nur zu welchem Album :zahn: :helga:

Album kommt doch im Herbst;)

gingerale
14-08-2010, 17:35
Album kommt doch im Herbst;)

Das glaub ich erst wenn ich es in den Händen halte. :zahn:

bennybrit
14-08-2010, 17:44
Das glaub ich erst wenn ich es in den Händen halte. :zahn:

Auch wieder war:zahn:

funkfried
14-08-2010, 20:03
Ich glaube fest daran! :d: :D

gingerale
14-08-2010, 20:16
Ich hab mir die Not Giving Up On Love EP bei iTunes vorbestellt (für einen Schleuderpreis), und sie erscheint bereits am 20. August.

Ich bin zwar noch nicht so überzeugt wie bei «Bittersweet», aber NGUOL ist ein Grower, ich merk es mit jedem Hören.

Chartmässig wird es aber schwer, denke ich. :crap:

funkfried
14-08-2010, 20:18
Na ja, mit gezielter Prome könnte das schon was werden, denn Armin Van Buuren ist relativ bekannt. Ich hoffe der Song chartet einigermaßen gut, dass wir endlich das Album bekommen.

Edit: Es wird sogar ne CD-Single bei uns veröffentlicht.

http://www.amazon.de/Giving-Armin-Ft-Ellis-Bextor-Sophie-Buuren/dp/B003Y5QFJS/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1281810015&sr=8-24

gingerale
14-08-2010, 20:20
Na ja, mit gezielter Prome könnte das schon was werden, denn Armin Van Buuren ist relativ bekannt. Ich hoffe der Song chartet einigermaßen gut, dass wir endlich das Album bekommen.

Dein Wort in Gottes Ohr.
Ich denke, dass das Video ziemlich unterstützend wirken wird, das erste Bild sieht zumindest sehr vielversprechend aus. :freu:

funkfried
14-08-2010, 20:21
Dein Wort in Gottes Ohr.
Ich denke, dass das Video ziemlich unterstützend wirken wird, das erste Bild sieht zumindest sehr vielversprechend aus. :freu:

Ich würde ihr den Erfolg so gönnen, denn die Lieder sind echte Kracher.